In Microsoft Outlook, an OST file is an offline folder. The PST file is used to store on the server except for the Exchange server on the user’s hard disc, and it can be used even in offline mode and syncs automatically when the internet is connected, whereas the PST file is used to store on the server except for the Exchange server on the user’s a hard disc. This blog post discusses the best approach to convert Offline folder files into Outlook. It will also point out the benefits and drawbacks of each of these OST to PST export methods, as well as the traditional ones.
- One of the most significant differences between the Outlook OST and PST formats is the file format.
- OST stands for offline storage folder, whereas PST stands for personal storage folder.
- PST is used for local storage, while OST can be utilized online.
- OST files are exclusively compatible with MS Exchange servers, however, PST files can be used with any server, not just Exchange.
- OST files allow users to read, view, create emails, and so on even when they are offline, whereas PST files do not.
Contents in the Article
Let’s Look at Some of the Reasons:-
- When the mailboxes on the server are erased
- Exchange mailboxes are backed up as a result of the conversion.
- The.ost folder is being rebuilt by an Exchange user, but there are some unsaved things in the. ost file.
- If a user wishes to view an.ost file saved in Outlook 2013 on another device, they must utilize Outlook 2016.
- The. ost files become unreachable due to a server problem.
- Here are the Best Methods for Converting Offline folder files into Outlook.
This essay will show you the best three ways to convert Offline folder files into Outlook. For a safe and secure conversion process, the third option is advised.
- Manually convert OST to PST using the Archiving Method
- The exchange allows you to convert an OST file to a PST file for free.
- Convert OST to PST Format Easily with 100% Secure Software
Using the Archiving Method.
When you enable archiving, Outlook emails from an OST file are copied to new PST files. It also aids in the maintenance of your mailbox’s size.
To do so, follow the steps outlined below:
- Select File in the Outlook application on your PC.
- After you’ve chosen File, go to Options.
- Now select Auto-Archive options from the advanced menu.
- Choose which days you want to run auto-archiving on.
- After that, select the location where you want to save the file.
- Then click the OK button after selecting the Archiving option.
- The items from your OST file will now be saved in the PST file after you’ve completed these steps. You can see your OST to PST file that has been transferred.
OST to PST Conversion Software has the Following Features:
- Email, event, calendar, contacts, Tasks, Journals, and other data can be converted.
- Bulk Export and Auto Locates
- Restore data that has been destroyed.
- Allows you to convert Outlook. bak files to PST files.
- Microsoft Outlook and Windows versions are both supported by the OST transfer tool.
As we all know, OST files contain all of the Exchange Server’s vital data. The process of importing is not simple. The user will be in a lot of problems as a result of this. The Manual Solution, Limitations, and Facts have all been discussed in relation to the scenario. The manual procedure has several advantages, but it also has some disadvantages. As a result, it is recommended that you utilize a simple method to convert Offline Folder File into Outlook.